Forms and Fees
Things to Know
- You can transfer the registration and plates to a new vehicle as long as the name on the registration remains the same.
- After the transfer is done, the number of days the plates can be used prior to registration is as follows:
- RI Dealer: 20 calendar days from date on bill of sale.
- Out-of-state Dealer: 72 hours from date on bill of sale.
- Private Party: 48 hours from date on bill of sale.
Registration Stickers: You will receive a registration only. No stickers will be issued. The expiration on your current stickers will be valid.