A suspended license or registration must first be reinstated through the Division of Motor Vehicles, Operator Control.
- Please see the DMV Fee Table for costs associated with the reinstatement of a license and/or registration.
- All licenses and/or registration reinstatement fees may be paid either in person or by mail. Acceptable forms of payment are: cash, money orders, personal checks, bank checks, and credit card (MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). There is a $25.00 fee for all returned checks.
- All credit cards have a minimum fee of $1.50 per transaction. Transactions of $64.00 and over have a service fee of 2.35%. This fee goes to the third party provider, Federal Payments.
- The reinstatement fee does not include any additional fees, fines, tickets or assessments you may owe. If you need information regarding tickets or other court-related matters, please contact the appropriate court(s).
Reinstatement Fee: The fee does not include the cost for a license or registration renewal. Costs are listed in the DMV Fee Table.
Licensed Driving Records
- A licensed driving record or driving history is a list of tickets, suspensions and accidents for an individual driver.
- You can obtain your licensed driving record online, by mail, or in person at Operator Control.
- By Mail: Division of Motor Vehicles Attn: Operator Control, 600 New London Avenue, Cranston RI 02920
- The cost to obtain your record in person or by mail is listed in the DMV Fee Table.