> RIMS (Rhode Island Modernization System)
RIMS (Rhode Island Modernization System)
DMV Computer System Upgrade
- Road test appointments are now available in our new Woonsocket location. To schedule one now, see here: https://www.ri.gov/app/dmv/road_tests/
- The Westerly branch office, located in Westerly Town Hall, will be closed Friday, April 19, 2019 and Friday, November 29, 2019 due to municipal holidays. All other DMV offices will operate on their standard schedules.
- Elimination of SR-22 - Effective immediately, the Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles will no longer require, and will no longer accept, SR-22 financial responsibility filings. Any motorist who currently has the SR-22 requirement will be released by the DMV effective July 18, 2018. Notice of the release will be mailed to each motorist at the address currently on file with the DMV.
- CDL drivers can now upload and submit their Medical Certificate online. Please click the Commercial Driver License Medical Certificate menu item on the left side of the screen
- As of April 16, 2018, the DMV has implemented the “Dealer Drop-Off” program. Dealer transactions will no longer be completed in branch locations. All dealer transactions must be dropped off at the third floor of the Cranston DMV.
- Beginning October 5, 2017, reservations will be required for most transactions in the Adjudication Office. The Adjudication Reservation Portal will be accessible to the public through the DMV website beginning September 28, 2017.Please click here for more information.
- Flashing Light Permits can only be renewed online. Please click here to learn more.
PROPOSED REGULATORY AMENDMENTS