Registrations & Titles
The Division of Motor Vehicles processes new, transfer, or renewal registrations by mail, drop box, or in-person with a reservation.
- By Mail: Send the completed TR-1 or Renewal form and any supporting documentation to the Division of Motor Vehicles Attn: Registration, 600 New London Avenue, Cranston RI 02920.
- Drop Box: Deposit the completed TR-1 or Renewal form and any supporting documentation in drop boxes located at all DMV branch locations.
- Online: Renewals can be processed online.
- AAA Members: You can renew your registration at any AAA branch office.
- NHTSA Free VIN Look-up Tool: Vehicle recalls are at an all- time high in the United States. Millions of unfixed and unsafe vehicles are on the road, some unbeknownst to owners. NHTSA is providing a website for consumers to use the free VIN look-up tool to see if their vehicle is under recall. Please go to the following link to check your vehicle for possible recalls: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/