Registrations & Titles
The Division of Motor Vehicles does not process new or transfer registrations by mail and no longer accepts walk-in registration renewals. All registration renewals must be processed:
- By Mail: Send the Registration Renewal notice to the Division of Motor Vehicles Attn: Registration Renewal, 600 New London Avenue, Cranston RI 02920. If you did not receive a notice in the mail use the Registration Renewal form.
- Online with a credit card: Refer to the table of plate types to determine if you can renew your vehicle's registration online.
- Drop Box: Deposit your Registration Renewal notice or Registration Renewal form in drop boxes located at all DMV branch locations.
- AAA Members: You can renew your registration at any AAA branch office.
- NHTSA Free VIN Look-up Tool: Vehicle recalls are at an all- time high in the United States. Millions of unfixed and unsafe vehicles are on the road, some unbeknownst to owners. NHTSA is providing a website for consumers to use the free VIN look-up tool to see if their vehicle is under recall. Please go to the following link to check your vehicle for possible recalls: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/