Forms and Fees
Things to Know
- You must be a Rhode Island resident.
- You can not have a valid license in Rhode Island or any other state.
- If you are 59 years of age or older, there is no cost.
- If you do not have your Social Security card, please contact the Social Security Administration.
- Checks are not accepted for State Identification Cards.
Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN): The Rhode Island DMV does not accept an ITIN as a form of identity. You must have a valid social security number or an acceptable denial letter from Social Security with an acceptable visa code.