RI.gov R.I. Government Agencies | Privacy Policy |
Contact Us | FAQs |    Search this Site:
DMV Unable to Process CDL Transactions this Friday, July 3, 2015

CRANSTON, RI - The Rhode Island Department of Motor Vehicles today announced that the Commercial Driver's License Information System, the federal computer system for commercial driver's licenses, will be down for required maintenance on Friday, July 3, 2015.

This maintenance will impact those Rhode Islanders who wish to process any commercial driver's license transactions on Friday, July 3, 2015. This will NOT affect regular driver's licenses - only commercial driver's licenses.

It is recommend that anyone needing to process a commercial driver's license transaction this week visit the DMV prior to Friday, July 3rd.

Also, as a reminder, the DMV is closed on Monday, July 6, 2015 in observance of the State Holiday but will reopen for regular business in all departments on Tuesday, July 7, 2015.
DMV feedback

State ID

Forms and Fees

Things to Know

  • You must be a Rhode Island resident.
  • You can not have a valid license in Rhode Island or any other state.
  • If you are 59 years of age or older, there is no cost.
  • If you do not have your Social Security card, please contact the Social Security Administration.

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN): The Rhode Island DMV does not accept an ITIN as a form of identity. You must have a valid social security number or an acceptable denial letter from Social Security with an acceptable visa code.